Monday, July 25, 2005

MTV's Laguna Beach












THEME SONG:
Let's go back
Back to the beginning
Back to when the earth, the sun, the stars all aligned
'Cause perfect didn't feel so perfect
Trying to fit a square into a circle
Was no lie I defy
Let the rain fall downAnd wake my dreams

Let it wash away My sanity'
Cause I wanna feel the thunder
I wanna screamLet the rain fall down
I'm comimg clean, I'm coming clean
Let's go backBack to the beginning

While not everyone may share my opinion that Laguna Beach is one of the best reality TV shows on, it has definitely basked in success and critical acclaim since it’s Premier of Season One on September 1, 2004. Since then MTV’s smash hit has found fans in the hearts of reality TV fans, The O.C. TV series and everyone who has a nostalgic view of the good times in high school and preparing for the real world. To answer a few questions, producer Gary Auerbach and MTV have proved that the TV show is indeed strictly reality – nothing is scripted and absolutely nothing is made up. Unlike Real World where MTV and the show’s producers give out challenges and set up situations, Laguna Beach moves beyond the confines of “scripted reality” by simply following the lives of one of the most popular power cliques at the Laguna Beach High School in Laguna Beach, CA. MTV realized that this group of smart, beautiful, talented and intelligent kids has a lot going for them in life, and that high school creates enough drama to keep from warranting any acting or scripting – so MTV set out to film their lives. The only thing to keep in mind when watching the show is that, just like shows such as Real World, Road Rules and The Inferno all shoot “out of order,” so does Laguna Beach. Meaning, the producers shoot all of the tape during the show’s length, and then go back to the studio to piece it all together before putting it on air. While producers structure the show off of a strict chronological time frame so you literally watch the characters grow up, they do sometimes add in old comments, audio or interviews they filmed later in the show, that reflect back on a situation that occurred months previous and shed light on a situation the viewer would otherwise be unlikely to see. This way, the viewer gains a deeper understanding of the show and can identify with the characters much more closely, while still maintaining the integrity of the show. Whether you’ll admit you like it or not, Laguna Beach has found a place in the hearts of millions of fans across America, and it has shed light on an area of California that The O.C. frequently talks about, but never shows the “real life” side of the area or what really goes on. And that is what makes Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County a winner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, I think that reality television is degrating to this country.I refuse to watch that crap people call entertainment. I can't believe I call you my friend. I am disgusted by this OBSESSION and Love for something that is hurting us and our childerens childeren. I am disgusted by you and your ad for this terminating BULLSHIT!!!!!
I will never forget our debate the other night! lol
(As you would say Hahahahahaha)
Later