Tuesday, March 18, 2008

House Fire Victim


E.R. vets
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Name: Princess
Born: 10/01/07 5 months old
Breed: Mix
Reason for ER Visit: House Fire Victim

She was in her cage during a fire and she came in 3 weeks ago after the fire for smoke ventelation but after a week of noticing she was acting funny she was brought back to the ICU and the doctors noticed she was cooking from the inside out. She has some burns on her body that they addressed at the time but for some reason dogs over heat fast and that is what happened. They never cold her down they just treated her wounds and breathing at the time. So They had to take away the cooked dead skin and then fix her up.... I was with her when she went under and then when she woke up after surgery. It was sooooo cool and she is such a sweet dog!! Her owners are lucky to have her and to have saved her!

I had to gurney her outside and also muzzle her because she was in pain and hurting so it was mostly for my safety but other than that she was such a sweet heart and also my dog of the week!!

You know every night when I am in the ICU i think of all the losses and all the sad owner and the crazy emergences we have to deal with but at the end of the day we always have one patient who I can look at, smile and say its all worth it!! I think when I cant find that anymore I am done but as look as I can smile and say its all worth it even if it was just one life I got to help or save then I am happy at this job!!

No comments: