Monday, August 01, 2005

Angelina Jolie is a HOLLYWOOD ICON


Actress Angelina Jolie has certainly established herself as a star in her own right.

I read on another blog The Superficial "Can somebody sit down with Angelina Jolie and explain to her that if she keeps adopting babies, her wonderful genes will never be passed on and nobody will ever carry the rare "Super Fucking Hot Angelina Jolie" gene ever again? Because keeping that DNA to herself would be like Conan O' Brien never telling a joke. A travesty to humanity if ever I saw it." I could not help but fucken LMAO haha!!

So of Course I had to post a comment and also my thoughts about something I watched on TV last night!

Hollywood is a town with such a short attention span and so many beautiful girls littering the landscape with the tag "The Next Big Thing" doesn't mean too much. If anything it often puts pressure on the recipient to live up to an image they aren't quite ready for. There have been a slew of actresses given this in the last few years: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Alicia Witt, Alicia Silverstone, Rose McGowan, Neve Campbell, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Denise Richards and Reese Witherspoon to name but a few. Most of the roles these women take need little actual acting ability, but require looking good in form fitting clothes. And while these pictures have small budgets and offer a good return on the dollar, they offer little in the way of artistic achievement.

Though she too did her fair share of exploitive, less than spectacular, B movies (Cyborg 2, Hackers, Playing God, Foxfire), actress Angelina Jolie has recently opted to take her career in a direction that values substance over style.
A heartstoppingly beautiful woman and the daughter of Oscar winner Jon Voight, Jolie's got the acting chops, the brightest blue eyes ever, high-cheekbones, dangerous curves and pouty lips that would fill any modeling agency's wish list. She is an A list hollywood star but the secrets of her past, and the crazyness people protrey her with comes all out on the Bravo Originally aired: Sunday June 5, 2005 Inside The Actors Studio Special Anelina Jolie. Its one hr of questions being answers and the truth unreviled about her past and also why she is the person she is today!!

Its so crazy how we live in a strange world, where the biography section of bookstores contains titles about people who are still in their 20's. By all rights, any bio of Angelina Jolie blockbuster star of Gia, Girl, Interrupted, and Tomb Raider, Mr and Mr Smith and the list goes on :) should be divided into two sections: "Beautiful" and "Fucked Up." Jolie, of course, is both, and anyone with enough interest in her to pony up the money for her new "star" biography would already be convinced of both these things, but would (presumably) want to see more evidence of both.

I mention the themes of "Beautiful" and "Fucked Up" because they are the twin poles of our obsessions in the modern world. If you're going to be famous, you'd better be either extraordinarily pretty (like every female actor or musician I can think of) or extraordinarily strange (think Marilyn Manson or the freak shows of reality TV). And of course even better if you're both – after all, we love our beautiful women, but we also kind of hate them. With this in mind, Angelina Jolie does seem a perfect subject for that , because Jolie has a fascination with knives and sadomasochism, had affairs with members of both genders, and for all practical purposes made out with her brother at the 2000 Oscars. Jolie may in fact be the rare beauty who actually merits the attention lavished upon her.

Quoting Angelina in Inside the Actors studio "We live in a sicker world than I thought" I could not help but really think how true that one is!!

I enjoy Angelina's work thats just my own petty psychological justifications because she's so damn beautiful. Her performance as Lisa in Girl, Interrupted was the only good thing in an otherwise awful movie, and her star-making turn in Gia pinned me to my seat, dont even get me started when it come to Mr and Mrs Smith her chemistry on screen with Pitt was phenomenal. Its those kine of movies that an actress not only shines but makes the movie what it is!!

Jolie said, "You think beauty and fame and money should make a person happy? I don't think so, if you don't have love and you don't have people to share it with. I think a lot of people have that feeling inside, that we don't think that people care about who we are inside or understand us." One doesn't have to play armchair psychologist to see that Jolie is living with some serious damage, but has also come such a long way growing and also in hollywood. I'm excited to see how far she'll go!!

Angelina Jolie Adopts Russian Baby - NEWS - MOSNEWS.COM


::::: FAVORITE JOLIE QUOTES :::::

"What nourishes me also destroys me"

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is."

"Therapy? I don't need that. The roles that I choose are my therapy."


"Because I am a bad girl, people always automatically think that I am a bad girl. Or that I carry a dark secret with me or that I'm obsessed with death. The truth is that I am probably the least morbid person one can meet. If I think more about death than some other people, it is probably because I love life more than they do."

"I'd like to believe that the people that have supported me in my work or identified with me in films, the people that feel they know me, they do and they don't have misconceptions - they understand. I believe that."

No comments: