Tuesday, January 10, 2006

little girl at store

I had a frustrating day at work and just wanted to go home and do nothing but I had to hit the store before that ...... Between work, the traffic driving to the store, then the employees who were just fucken dumb I wanted to just get home because my day could not have gotten any worse that it was .... yeah was I wrong .... I forgot about checkout ... the time you need self checkout line that store does not have one ... ugh is right ..... so I waited in this line and no lie it was the slowest cashier I had ever....... Ok usually I would be like ITS ALL GOOD ... she is new , in training, having a bad day like me... whatever I would just make up an excuses to keep myself sane .... I finally get to her after about 20 mins in line and when I say Hello she does not say anything to me ... does not even look up at me after I said hello ... I was like strike one BITCH!!! While she is ringing me up I look at her badge and it says 7 years. I know am thinking OMG she has been with this company for 7 years and is this fucken slow ... ok bad day but shit leave your attitude at the door please .... so all is done and she does not tell me my amount just looks at me .. I was like umm ok and handed her money .... she hands me my change and it falls all over the place ... in stead of helping me pick up the 99 cents in fucken nickels she gave me because she had no change in her register she started to ring up the next person .... Oooo hold up ... hell no ... that is not happening .... I gave her a look and then rolled my eyes .... shit no lie that ticked her off and she made a comment to me "can you please hurry and move" ... hahaha ..... Oooo WHAT ... ugh whatever I was about to go to the manager about this employees attitude when I glanced over and saw this girl ... she must have been 13 or so ... she had no hair (cancer I am assuming) and was just soooo happy ... I was like OMG ... I watched her for a while and it was like in the movies ... nothing was around me all I saw was her ... it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen .... I saw my mom battle cancer but never without her wig on and never publicizing it to the world that she had cancer.... the girl was with a bunch of girls and they were laughing and just acting like themselves ... the little girl was not shy it looked like she was proud to be fighting this disease ..... and the girls who were with her were looking at her like she was one of then .... no different ... I know cancer patients are not different but it was sooo nice to see that people see more than just cancer in someone. Then I thought to myself ... I have to wake up at 4 in the morns to go to work , then I have to deal with shit at work , then I have shit ass days at work , sit in fucken FLA rush hour traffic after work, then have to deal with the slowest and stupidest cashier that I felt was just the highlight of my shit ass day, I get mad over the stupidest things with my bro and dad, get into fights with my best friend (hasn't happened in a while), and last but not least have the audacity to think "could my day get any worse" ..... wow...... after looking at that little girl ... yeah it could because I could be in her shoes , but its not and I am not walking in her shoes sooooooo why get mad over stupid ass things??????????????????

SOooooooo crazy but true how at times we think ..... we have had the worst day ever ... but in reality people have it a whole lot worse !!!!

Sometimes it takes you to really look at something and see something to really open your eyes about life and how its just tooo damn short !!! I am not saying be happy all the time ... I am just saying .... live life ... get over shit... and love every min you have left, because really when you think you are having a shit ass day people are worst off than you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: