Monday, June 25, 2007

It was a LONGGGGG DAY

The top of the bed part
slides into the machine



So today ... today was an interesting day.

7:35am Cell Phone Rang:
Scion-Thank you for your purchase and I hope everything is going good with your new car!

7:45am House Phone Rang:
Hello would you like to lower your morgage

8:26am Cell Phone Rang:
BLOCKBUSTER - you have three movies that have not been returned please return them before your credit card is charged.

8:45am House Line Rang:
Chiropractor- Chrissie dont forget on Thursday to Drink plenty of water because of your deep tissue massage.

9:09am Cell Phone Rang :
Dad calling: GOOD MORNING ARE YOU UP

9:13am Cell Phone Rang:
Little Bro: What up?!?!

9:25am Cell Phone Rang:
MRI place calling me to schedule a time for today

9:34am .... cell phone wake up alarm went off .... yeah as you can see I was clearly up


Ok so my MRI experience ... holly skata .... lets just say the pain was horible , the sound was horible, the staying still when you have ADD lol jk I dont but damn its like when someone tells you not to do this , or not to do that, or dont touch this ... damn you sooooo do it , or do that , and lol yes you touch that damn thing they tell you not to touch hahaha ... sit still for 1hr and dont move ... damn who the hell can do that ... anyway so yeah first MRI ever and I did not know what I was getting myself into!!
CONVO with bro today
ME: Im scared
BRO: Whatever
ME: No really i hope its an open MRI
BRO: yeah you better hope so
ME: my luck I will not have an open one
BRO: Did you tell them you wanted one
ME: no I forgot
BRO: ohhhhh no
ME: come on it cant be that bad ... its prob like a tanning booth
BRO: ummmmm ... more like a coffin
ME: THANK YOU ASSHOLE

So I show up for my MRI ... fill out all the paperwork and went into the room ... I wore shorts and a T so I didnt have to change hehehe ... I talked to the MRI tech for a while, and he told me what to aspect. I said ok sounds good. I lay down on the bed, he makes me comfortable, ohhh yeah and did I mention he was a hottie hehehe so he sets me all up and then before he leaves asked me if I needed a blanket. I said nope .. he said ok ... here is your control incase you need to get a hold of me.

INFO ON MRI- it can pick out a very small point inside the patient's body and ask it, essentially, "What type of tissue are you?" The point might be a cube that is half a millimeter on each side. The MRI system goes through the patient's body point by point, building up a 2-D or 3-D map of tissue types. It then integrates all of this information together to create 2-D images or 3-D models.

Ok so its loud, cold ....i should have taken that blanket, my leg had to lay flat the entire time, I was hurting, and to keep my mind off of the closure I counted, hummed songs, and tried to sleep.... it didnt work ... about 15 mins into the scan I pushed the button ...
ME: Ummm hello
MRI TECH: Yes Chrissie
ME: Just seeing if this button thing works
MRI TECH: hahaha yes it is working
ME: Ok now you have to start talking to me
MRI TECH: what
ME: I am gonna freak out
MRI TECH: haha ok

THE CONVO LASTED THE ENTIRE TIME 2 hrs and 10 mins ... if forgot to mention the machine locked up so i was in it for an extra 10mins ... ekkkk talk about a freak out haha... but lol my tech was an interesting guy to chat with.. you know my friend Jason always said you meet interesting people in MRI lol ... he would talk to them all the time to calm them down =) ... and this tech did just that... I will see the tech on Thursday again when he reads me the report =) .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha rough day I take it

Javi