Thursday, June 28, 2007

MY CRAZY MORNING

Crazy ass morning
7:00am Wake up call from someone special hehe
7:30am Time for a shower
7:45am out of the shower
8:15am out the door
8:15-9:10 FUCKEN TRAFFIC
9:15am got to the MRI place to pick up films
9:40am Ortho Apt
9:55am .... crying in the office

Doc:2 you have a number of options
me: I don't want temporary anything I want this fixed
Doc: don't get upset
me: I cant help it I don't need this right now
Doc: I know what you are saying but we will work on this
me: im 28 I dont want to get a shot today then 5 years down the road need surgery for this exact thing I am treating that I could have had fixed way back
Doc: I understand and I like your way of thining
me: I know .... tears start coming down like a waterfall..what would you do as a human not a doctor
Doc: if you were my daughter I would take the shot cortisone first and give it a while to see what happens. Who knows it might not work and it might last forever but what I am gonna do is have my people call you to schedule surgery. I am a very reserved doctor and do everything before surgery but you are right about the shot only lasting for a while and down the road needing something ...Its a simple procedure nothing to be worried about
me: thats what they all say about surgery ... ok lets do that .. lets do the shot ...will it hurt
Doc: just the needle going in
me: ok but I cant watch and tell the nurse I dont want to see the needle.
Doc: hahaha ok
OK OK OK SO I HAD TO LOOK AT THE NEEDLE AND DUDE IT WAS SOOO BIG THEN I WAS KICKING MYSELF IN THE ASS KNOWING HOW FAR IT HAD TO GO INTO MY KNEE!!!
HERES A PIC OF WHAT I HAD TO GO THROUGH ....


What is a cortisone?
Cortisone is a type of steroid that is produced naturally by a gland in your body called the adrenal gland. By injecting the cortisone into a particular area of inflammation, very high concentrations of the medication can be given while keeping potential side-effects to a minimum. Cortisone injections usually work within a few days, and the effects can last up to several weeks.

MY KNEE SURGERY IS YET TO BE
SCHEDULE BUT I WILL LET YOU
KNOW WHEN IT IS!!

No comments: