Friday, May 26, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

The Da Vinci Code ... Dan Brown ... brilliant .... Ron Howard ... fucken great!!!!!

Its been on my must see movie list of the year list and since it has been out and I have tried to bribe people, trick people, and also begged people to go see this movie with me but after two weeks of putting it off and knowing I did not want to wait for it to come out on DVD because its a must see on the big screen movie .... I sucked it up and went alone. Yes alone ... I dont care .... I use to do it all the time ... "ONE TICKET PLEASE" and well its time to start doing it again ... I cant rely or wait around for people anymore.

I read the book so yes I totally had to see the movie ... I have actually read all of Dan Browns books and I love his writing!



"The Da Vinci Code" is one of the few screen versions of a book that may take longer to watch than to read. Director Ron Howard and his screenwriter, Akiva Goldsman have streamlined Dan Brown's story and refrained from trying to capture his story on the big screen. To be fair Akiva Goldsman conjures up some pretty ripe dialogue all on his own that made the movie even better :). Ron Howard and Akiva Goldsman have rearranged some elements of the plot, unkinking a few over-elaborate twists and introducing others that keep the action moving along. The movie does, however, take a while to accelerate, popping the clutch and leaving rubber on the road as it tries to establish who is who, what they're doing and why.


Over all I give this movie a 10 and have now added it to my top 5 must see movies

No comments: